The Tokyo International University’s E-Track Alumni Association (hereafter to be referred to the Association”), in compliance with Japanese laws on the protection of personal information, shall handle personal information that the Association collects from its members and information provided by Tokyo International University as stated below.
Purposes of Use
Personal information collected from alumni shall be used for the following purposes:
- To dispatch Alumni Association information;
- To ensure safe and proper use of university facilities and equipment by alumni;
- To provide job placement and advancement support to current students;
- To provide the necessary information to third parties recognized by the Alumni Association Executive Board Team, including organizations comprised of alumni, organizations comprised of current students’ parents, and the Tokyo International University;
- To send notices and other information from Tokyo International University;
- To conduct university evaluation (e.g. self-evaluation, third-party evaluation, accreditation, ) and various kinds of statistical surveys;
- To request assistance with promotions pertaining to admission and recruitment activities;
- To perform the duties in Article 3 of the Alumni Association Regulations;
- To implement tasks necessary for the management and operation of the Association.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Association confirms that members reserve the right to disclose, correct, discontinue the use of or delete their personal information and will comply when requested to do so.
- The Association will not disclose or provide a member’s registered personal information to third parties without his or her consent unless required to do so by law.
- Management of Personal Information
- The Association, in order to implement this Policy, will ensure the thorough understanding thereof by the students and the Alumni Association Executive Board Team.
- The Association will take necessary information security measures, including measures to counter unauthorized access and computer viruses, in order to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information.
- The Association will obtain personal information using only fair and legal methods. The Association shall not obtain personal information by inappropriate means but will either obtain consent on the purposes of use etc. from the individuals to whom the information belongs or announce the necessary information on the Association’s homepage.
- When obtaining personal information indirectly, the Association shall confirm that the information submitted by the provider has been appropriately obtained and permitted from the individual and will notify the individual that information has been obtained or announce the purposes of use for personal information and other necessary information on the Association’s homepage.
- Management and Sharing of Personal Information within the Alumni Association
- The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairpersons will take appropriate measures to manage the personal information collected by the Association.
- When Board Members of the Alumni Association require personal information for the implementation of Alumni Association activities, the Chairperson and Vice-Chairpersons shall provide information only to the extent necessary for those activities.
- If members of the Association other than those stated above require personal information for the implementation of Alumni Association activities, the Chairperson and Vice-Chairpersons shall provide said information upon the approval of the Board Members.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The Association will not provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the consent of the individual, except in the following cases:
- When required by the law;
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, person, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of said individual;
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the customer might impede the execution of the operations
- When commissioning certain specific duties, personal information may be provided to third parties. These parties will be obliged by contract, law, etc. to manage the private information entrusted to them appropriately.
- Private information may be shared with Tokyo International University
- When required by the law;
Purpose of use：
To perform the duties in Article 3, Paragraphs 4 and 5 of the Alumni Association Regulations
Name, current address, telephone number, e-mail address, work address (name of headquarters or branch, department or office, title, industry, occupation, date of appointment, address, telephone number), the name of graduate school and major, and nationality
- Individuals may request the Association to stop providing information to third parties. Individuals who wish to stop the provision of information shall contact the Chairperson and Vice-Chairpersons of the Alumni Association.
- Basic Rules for Handling Personal Information
- Personal information will only be used to the extent necessary for conducting duties within the purposes of use.
- Personal information will not be used for any purposes other than those stated, will not be removed from the regular place of use, and will not be leaked externally by electronic transmission or other means.
- Association staff are prohibited from informing any third parties about the details of personal information acquired during the course of their duties without permission and from using information for unjustifiable purposes. The same shall apply even after staff have left positions pertaining to said duties.
- The collection, use and/or provision of personal information listed below is prohibited:
Matters pertaining to thought, belief and religion
Matters which lead to social discrimination
By any inquiries regarding the protection of personal information of the Association, please contact the following organization
Tokyo International University
Tel.: 0081 (0) 49 232 1111
- Revisions and termination
The TIU E-Track Alumni Association reserves the right to amend or terminate this policy.
- Date Effective
This policy shall take effect on December 01, 2018.